STANDING IN THE GAP FOR THE CHURCH

Forty days of focussed prayer and fasting 20 June – 29 July

FAITH FOR A CHURCH, FAITH FOR A CITY

2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Eph:20-23 All this energy issues from Christ; God raised him from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything. At the center of all this, Christ rules the church. The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ's body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence.


'Thy Kingdom Come Thy Will be Done'

Thursday 5 July 2007

Devotion - Day 16

Heart Preparation

The greatest preparation for prayer and service for God is the preparation of the heart. Meditate on the following scriptures and respond appropriately.

Jer 17:9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?

Psalm 24:3,4
Who shall go up into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart; who has not lifted up his soul to vanity, and has not sworn deceitfully.

Psalm 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear;

Psalm 139:23, 24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts, and see if any wicked way is in me; and lead me in the way everlasting.

1John 3:21
Beloved, if our heart does not accuse us, we have confidence toward God.

And whatever we ask, we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

Never ignore the power of a simple prayer prayed from a surrendered heart.

No comments: