STANDING IN THE GAP FOR THE CHURCH

Forty days of focussed prayer and fasting 20 June – 29 July

FAITH FOR A CHURCH, FAITH FOR A CITY

2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Eph:20-23 All this energy issues from Christ; God raised him from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything. At the center of all this, Christ rules the church. The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ's body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence.


'Thy Kingdom Come Thy Will be Done'

Saturday 28 July 2007

Devotion - Day 39

Celebrating Unity

In the High Priestly prayer of Jesus in John 17, Jesus prays five times for us, His followers, to be united, and three times He prays that: ‘they might be one as we are one’. In other words Biblical Unity is Trinity Unity. The question is: Is it possible for us to be united with each other as the trinity is united? I have to believe that it is possible if Jesus prayed for it and believe that God the Father is pleased to answer a prayer that Jesus prayed.

John 17:20-26
And I do not pray for these alone, but for those also who shall believe on Me through their word, that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may be one, even as We are one, I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that those whom You have given Me, that they may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me, for You have loved Me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, indeed the world has not known You; but I have known You, and these have known that You have sent me. And I made known to them Your name, and will make it known, so that the love with which You have loved Me may be in them, and I in them.

Psalm 133
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment on the head that ran down on the beard, Aaron's beard, that went down to the mouth of his garments; like the dew of Hermon that came down on the mountains of Zion; for there the Lord commanded the blessing, life forevermore.

Pray for:
* Jesus’ prayer for unity to be answered in our lives and church
* The Glory of God (Doxa of Deo) to be manifest in trinity unity
* Individual Christians to actively promote unity
* Unprecedented unity in THE CHURCH in London
* Commanded blessing that follows unity

No comments: